August 23, 2011

The Baby Scoop and a VENT

Well, since I really don't talk much about this baby on the blog... here is a little update with some ramblings on the side.

I am due with baby TRES (as in #3- guess I could have wrote that) in several weeks and am between 35 and 36 weeks as of now. I went to the DR last week and because JUST FOR FUN (ha), my DR checked where I was... EEEEKK. I think he screamed a bit under his breath when he told me that I was 4cm and 80% effaced. I kind of panicked for a second wondering if his measurements are off (hey, maybe is phalanges are really small... or would that be really big???) EWWW. Sorry, that may have been a bit too much! Honestly, I don't know how they measure you, maybe a mini measuring tape!??

Needless to say they don't want me to do much, if anything for another week and half. I am trapped in my house, on my bed or a couch and it is JUST NOT MY CUP OF TEA. I like relaxing, but on MY time! Now the baby blanket that needs a swath of ribbon or lace (from a fabric store that I now dream of perusing the aisles of) will sit there staring at me like a kid in time out. I trust Jon with many things in my life (actually MOST everything) but a couple of yards of lace or ribbon for my blanket is not something I would trust him getting :) Alas... So long, lengthy list of to-do items I needed to finish up before baby.

And to top it off, I have a fabulous group of friends that have put together a brunch to celebrate this baby. They have made the MOST KIND effort to relieve my lonely pregnancy and here I am: stuck. Well guess what world... I am not having this baby until after the brunch. That is pretty much the only thing that I have to look forward to since I can do little much else. So if my water breaks at the brunch, so be it. I trust this baby would want a little excitement while coming into this world, Right?



2 comments:

  1. No fun for you.
    If I had any sense of taste I'd offer to get you some ribbons and lace, but I think Jon would probably do a better job than I would! If ever I could do something for you I'd love to (I seriously mean that too), I'm just sitting around here twirling my thumbs.
    Good luck with the baby (and the waiting)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I just read this!! I am so glad she waited until after our baby brunch. And I'm happy you broke the rules and went out with us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete